Houston Deportation Defense Attorney
At the Law Firm of Craig L. Pena, all forms of immigration law services are provided, including deportation defense. Deportation defense is the defense of immigrants and foreign nationals who are subject to removal from the United States. Attorney Pena understands the importance of helping individuals who are in a position of potential deportation. He has been practicing immigration law for many years and he provides hands-on, compassionate legal counsel and representation to his clients. Whatever your immigration situation is, Attorney Pena is available to help – and a free consultation is available by calling the office.
Possible Reasons for Deportation
Did you know that I.C.E. can potentially deport anyone who is not a U.S. citizen, even if they have a green card? There are many reasons and situations that can lead to deportation, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Immigration law violations, either in the present or the past
- Criminal convictions, whether felony or misdemeanor, the most common reason for deportation.
- Weapons conviction, domestic violence conviction, lack of child support payment
- Green card and visa expiration
- Conduct such as drinking or drug addiction; crimes of moral turpitude
- Documentation and paperwork discrepancies – common
- Others – ask your attorney for specific information pertaining to your case
There are various ways to defend against deportation, including:
- Cancellation of removal – this is a legal process that permits both non-lawful and lawful permanent residents to apply, if they meet the requirements.
- Requirements include, but are not limited to: physical presence in the U.S. for at least 10 years, or permanent legal resident for at least 5 years
- Good behavior – has not been convicted of a serious offense; good moral conduct
- If it can be shown that removal will result in extreme hardship to the applicant’s permanent U.S. citizen parents, spouse or children
Deportation Defense Complimentary Case Review in Houston by Attorney Craig L. Pena
Attorney Craig L. Pena has been practicing immigration for many years and is an esteemed member of numerous legal organizations, including the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. Attorney Pena has a deep empathy and concern for his clients and his motivation is based on helping those who need help with the immigration process. His ultimate goal is to help others experience freedom and the American Dream. He wants to help his clients in their quest for citizenship so that they can live productive and useful lives. Because the immigration process is so complex and confusing, it is extremely important to get the help you need from an extremely experienced and qualified lawyer. Attorney Pena offers a free consultation to discuss your case, which can be scheduled by calling the Houston Office of Attorney Craig L. Pena at 832-833-6595.