Family Based Immigration
Houston Family Based Immigration Lawyers
Under the United States immigration laws and the Immigration and Nationality Act, there are two groups of family based immigrant visa categories. Only certain relatives can sponsor a relative seeking to enter and remain in the United States. In order to obtain a family based visa, it is essential to specifically adhere to the application process as well as to qualify. Many applicants are unsuccessful in their attempts simply because of the complexity of the application process. It is advisable to seek the help of a professional family based immigration lawyer to help you apply for your visa. Houston immigration attorney Craig L. Pena has been helping clients obtain their visas since 2006. He offers a free consultation to discuss your case.
Family Based Immigration Visas
When a close family relative is a United States citizen, they may be qualified to sponsor you so long as they are considered an Immediate Relative. Immediate Relatives include:
- Spouse of United States citizen
- Unmarried child of a U.S. citizen when the child is under 21
- Orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen
- Orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen
- Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years of age
Family Preference Immigration Visas
These visas pertain to more distant family relatives of U.S. citizens and may include the following:
- F1 – Family First Preference – unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and their minor children
- F2 – Family Second Preference – spouses, minor children and unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents. These individuals must be 21 and older.
- F3 – Family Third Preference – Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children
- F4 – Family Fourth Preference – Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children, if the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years old.
- Speak with your attorney for specific details
Free Consultation with Houston Family Immigration Visa Lawyer Craig L. Pena
The information stated is presented just to give the reader a general idea of the immigration laws as it applies to families. It is extremely important to get the help of a qualified and highly experienced immigration attorney to help you in your family based immigration visa application. Attorney Craig L. Pena is a friend of those who are seeking to live a life of freedom in the United States. He provides aggressive, compassionate and comprehensive legal representation for his immigration law clients. He is a member in good standing of numerous legal organizations, including the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association. He offers a free consultation, which can be scheduled by calling the Houston Law Office of Craig L. Pena at 832-833-6595.